Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Spectral Foxy

I got a custom-made guitar by Atelier Bontemps, partially designed by me! đŸ”¥



Last year, I realized that in spite of my years of writing/recording music and playing in bands, I didn't have any really good quality instrument. Not that owning some was mandatory to make music, of course, but I thought that maybe it was time to invest in one.
I discovered the work of Aurélien Bontemps via my good friend Jizuss, and decided to visit his workshop. After testing out a few Foxy models, and being totally convinced of their qualities, I started thinking about what I could ask for, and make a little photo mockup, based on one of the existing models... And Aurélien agreed to make it!
The idea was to have a straightforward and built-for-rock high quality guitar, that could be similar to the old Fender Esquire or Gibson's Melody Maker, with minimum frills.
Last weekend, I finally got my hands on this guitar and it's hard for me to describe how good it feels to play on it-- it goes even beyond my expectations. I've been a fan of single-pickup guitars for years, so finally owning one, with my own specifications, is like a child dream coming true, really. It even has my Soul-Reaver-inspired G spiral on the twelveth fret!! Can't wait to play Unspkble concerts with it!

It goes without saying that I warmly recommend that you contact AurĂ©lien for any custom guitar/bass project, or any lutherie operation in the Montpellier area! His work is impeccable and he is a super-cool and passionate professional! đŸ˜„

We named that baby the "Spectral Foxy" đŸ‘» Here are some of its specs!
Body: Mahogany (Acajou)
Neck: Mahogany/Maple (Erable)
Fretboard: Rosewood (Palissandre)
Pickup: Seymour Duncan P-Rails
Controls: Volume knob, 3-Way Toggle Switch
Radius compensated bridge, Hipshot tuning machines
Color: Arctic White

No comments:

Post a Comment