Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Sunstriders - Walking On Sunshine


As some of you know, now that I play Dungeons & Dragons, I can get pretty insane when it comes to making artsy stuff to entertain my fellow adventurers.

To end our 'summer quest', our DM Yama had planned to have our gang, The Sunstriders, facing multiples threats (vampires and supremacist bird-people) and also, at some point, going on stage to perform at a "Woodstack" festival in Westgate...
Me being the 'life-sized' bard of the group, he then asked me to come up with a cover of "Walking on sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves, but since we wanted the whole gang to sing on it and keep this as a "surprise", I had to secretely contact each member of my party and ask them to record lines from the song... and we gave them a rule that was "don't talk about this project amongst each other"!

Thing is... One week before the reveal of the song, while waiting for everyone to send me their recordings, I was like "what about making some visuals for it?" and I started designing some stage makeups for our team...
...But then I was like, "what about reusing our Hero Forge avatars, and painting this makeup on them?"...
...And then "what about adding little animations?"...

It all went snowballing and I decided that I HAD to make a full video for the song!!! So I told one of my friends from the party to help me with the environment and dialog boxes; animated even more little things and after approx. 40 hours of self-absorbtion, I had this video!

I felt really honored to have all the members of the party agreeing to provide vocals on the song (even when it's just backvocals); it's another proof that music is for everyone and that you can have real fun with it, no matter how "bad" you think you are! So I'd like to thank them to having trusted me with their voices and for being so awesome 💙⭐ Also I really like working on crazy collective projects on short periods of time, and the "secret" aspect of it definitely made it even more exciting!

I already wrote too much! Enjoy!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment